I know that on March 31st I had written about my seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. However, right after that I had one distract after another. By the time I got back to working on my manuscript to write the next chapter three weeks had past. With this amount of time passing I had lost my momentum and decided the only way to get it back was to start reading what I’ve already written again.

About three weeks have gone by and I’m about 88.5% finished; with 4 1/2 chapters [Chapter 30 which is now Chapter 31] and 21 pages to go, I should see DAYLIGHT by the end of today and start writing a new tomorrow.

I estimate I will need about 10,000 words to go, which should equate to about 4/5 chapters and 40 pages.

This “forced” re-read and additional editing time did not become a waste of my efforts. With a “new set” of eyes reading it, I’ve made numerous changes and additions. [I’ve added about 1,200 words and had split one chapter into two.]

Posting my snippets here have proven to be quite worthwhile, one of the comments I received advised me to watch my lack of pronouns / articles when have characters and things being repeated are close to each other.

So as I start writing again, I will start another re-read looking specifically for this issue. 

“Rome wasn’t built in a day” and manuscript can’t be completed with two/three read throughs, including one by an editor.

Advertisements