I began the week by tightening up my YA Fantasy novella, correcting a problem with a time element for the story which added another page and about 235 words. On Wednesday an important event occurred while I spoke with a dear friend with whom I shared my storyline and a short excerpt. It appears what I’m writing us actually a YA Urban Fantasy.  As I wrote the next chapter [Chapter 10], I got the idea for the title for this endeavor, and I’ve basically decided at this point in time to call it “The Secret of the Well.”  With my working title in place, this past week, in addition to what I’d mentioned above I wrote 1 Chapter consisting of three pages and about 900 words. Bring the total here to 10 Chapters, 35 pages, and approximately 11,025 words.

This week I’ve made numerous of connections [as many as 45 in one day] on LinkedIn and as well as on FaceBook, not to mention over a hundred this week for Twitter. Each time this happens I feel compelled to send a THANK YOU message for connecting with me. In addition, I got promoted to the MANAGER for one of the groups I used to MODERATE on LinkedIn [for four months]. So far I’ve received 79 Congratulations for getting it, all of which I felt compelled also had to answer by sending a message saying “THANKS.”

As far as “His Darkest Secret”, my adult Contemporary is concerned; I’ve spent most of the week checking for consistencies in the storyline, making sure I hadn’t changed the names of any of the minor characters in it, as well as timeframes. After I finished doing all this, I also some additional material [3 pages and about 675 words] to Chapter 40, the last chapter I’d previously had completed, tightening up a loose end, and preparing the storyline for the next chapter. The length for this endeavor is now 40 Chapters, 284 pages with approximately 76,350 words]

My anthology of Flash Fiction is up to 92 items with the 2 new items I’ve written in the past week. This leaves me with only 8 more items to write for my goal of 100 Flash Fictions and the long process of self-editing begins before it is handed over to a second set of eyes.

Being unable once again to make any progress in writing my NA Contemporary novella, “It Had All Been a Game, I’ve decided to put in on the back burner for the time being. The ideas I’d gotten for what I’d planned to write fizzled out in the end as being unviable for the storyline I’d intended to write. Perhaps I need to take a hard look at my storyline to see where I should be taking it, which might include changing the working title and final genre for the manuscript.  The remains at 3 Chapters and about 6,900 words.

This past week I’ve also posted another interview here on this.  Please stop by and leave a comment. And I’ve got one being prepared for a Monday posting.

THANKS for being a follower and your kind support.

Advertisements